Thursday, September 3, 2009

25 weeks and our 1st Anniversary!

Thank you Blog Police, AKA my dad who was kind enough to inform me I had already broken my promise of a weekly blog. My intentions were honorable and I sat down several times to write this blog, I apologize.

Last Friday we had our latest doctor's appointment. She measured my belly and made sure to hear the heartbeat. Not only was his heartbeat strong, Myles made the doctor laugh because he was moving around so much. Not surprising to hear since he has really been moving all the time. He tends to be really active for about 45 minutes then chill out for about two hours.
Overall, it is the best feeling I have ever experienced and I truly feel like there is already a bond between us. I am just really looking forward to seeing his beautiful little face and holding him! The next 3 1/2 months are going to go quickly and I am just trying to enjoy every day of pregnancy.

We celebrated our anniversary last Saturday night. We went to Sanford Restaurant and had an incredible dinner. We began with a pork ravioli that was very yummy. Jason tried the Sturgeon (which he really like) and I had a duo of veal, loin and breast on a veal ragu. It was pretty good, but nothing came close to the incredible desserts we devoured! Jason had something that tasted like an almond roca with a butter pecan ice cream and I had a frozen chocolate souffle with door country cherries. Both were SO incredible! It was a lovely dinner and gave us the perfect meal before heading off to see Phantom of the Opera.

The show was wonderful. It was Jason's first time seeing Phantom of the Opera and though there was A LOT of singing and not a lot of speaking, he seemed to like it! We just really enjoyed spending the time together because we know the baby will be here before we know it!

This Monday, our 1st anniversary I had taken the whole week of vacation so we were able to spend the day together. Jason indulged me and we went to Babies R Us where we found more wonderful items for Myles' room. We purchased his bedding (a cute safari theme), a glider chair and ottoman and a mattress for his crib. The crib and dresser we purchased at a HUGE warehouse sale last week. We got a heck of a deal! It was exactly what we wanted for 1/2 the price. Now it has taken refuge in our living room along with all the new purchases from Babies R Us on Monday.

After the big baby trip, we went to go see Quentin Tarantino's "Inglorious Basterds" and it was a fantastic movie! We shared a HUGE popcorn and soda and were too full to go out to dinner. When we got home our plan was to cut into our Anniversary Cake made by Joyce Dhein the same woman who made our wedding cake, and enjoy. However, Jason had a bit of an accident with the above mentioned super full living room. He was looking for something for me and poked his eye REALLY badly on part of the crib. There are 4 long metal prongs which stick out and one went right into Jason's left eye. So off to the emergency room we went. Fortunately, Jason had just scratched the outer fleshy part of his eye and had a small abrasion under his eye lid. He was VERY lucky not to scratched the cornea. He is doing well now. Back to working his butt off on the basement. Up next BABY ROOM!

As always, a very busy week for the Dables. So can you see why I had to stretch my deadline for blogs a bit? Hopefully you all understand and I will try harder.
All my love!

Michelle




No comments: