Sunday, December 27, 2009

4 weeks old already!

Our newest addition is here!

A quick recap for those of you who don't know, ( as well as for my own personal remembrance in my blog) It was a difficult delivery! Induced early because of preclampsia and hypertension, it was 37 weeks 2 days into my pregnancy. Interestingly enough, once I got to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitor, I was already having contractions. They gave me a medicine called cervidel the night before to get me ready for baby and at 4 am, they woke me up so I could take a shower and relax for a bit. They started me on pitocin (another medicine to bring on contractions and help dialate my cervix) at 5 am. My doctor came in at 8 am and had planned to break my water. I was not dialated enough, so she was unable to break it. ( YIKES it hurt when she tried!) A couple hours later, my water broke on its own. Labor took a long time. I was able to relax for a little while after my epidural. Yeah, no natural labor for me!

Everything took quite a while and I was not fully dialated until 8:45 pm. I started pushing shortly after and continued pushing until 11:45 pm. Myles was coming out face up and having serious issues making his way over my pelvic area. At midnight, the doctor came in and offered to help with forceps. I quickly agreed and after 3 1/2 hours of brutal labor, Myles was born at 12:17 am.

He was in the NICU for several days due to some minor complications. He had quickened breathing and wasn't feeding at first. I lef the hospital on Saturday without my little man, which almost killed me. Luckily, he quickly recovered and was doing very well. Besides a mild case of jaundice he was able to come home the followinf Tuesday. He was on a photo sensor light blanket for a few more days. After that all was perfect! He just turned four weeks yesterday!

We celebrated his first Christmas with all of our family and is doing AMAZING! I fall more in love everyday! New Years Eve was pretty uneventful. We stayed home and made homemade calzones. His grandma and auntie Maggie came over for a quick visit and we just watched movies. Overall, a quiet, relaxing evening.

Now that things are kind of slowing down, more blogs to follow. Time to feed Myles!

Love,
Michelle

1 comment:

Becky said...

he is adorable :)